At times life can feel complex, perhaps a lot is going on at once, your facing circumstances that are out of your control or you're simply desiring a moment to reset. It’s incredible what happens when you make an intention to slow down, take a deep breath and simply take a moment to observe where you are. A moment to take a closer look at what you’re investing your time in and what innate feelings are calling for your attention, while you go about your busy days.
While it’s easier said than done - there are ways that people have developed and implemented, some for over hundreds of years, to help relieve that overwhelming feeling. The good news is, these tactics are quite simple and are a bridge you can always access towards a clear mind and enriched wellbeing.
Here’s a few tips to give yourself some time, clear your mind and simply indulge in moments of peace:
- Turning your social media and phone off for at least a few minutes. By cutting yourself off from the constant flow of social media, you are getting a few moments of peace and quiet, without the need to respond quickly. That urgency can prevent a lot of productivity from being legitimate, and any moment where you do not perform at your best is not as helpful in the long run.
- Going outside for a breather. There’s nothing like a breath of fresh air to cleanse your impounding stress. Decompressing in this way can let you check back in with where you’re supposed to be.
- Talk to a friend, or family member in person. Someone else’s presence can ground you in a way that no text or direct message can. Sometimes, all it takes to reorient yourself is a moment between you and someone else - and you can come back all the more ready to combat whatever responsibility you may have.
- Exercising. Keeping yourself in motion will take focus away from the responsibilities you have for a few moments, and get yourself in a better position. Plus, you feel so good after indulging yourself in a workout.
- Adjusting and fixing your sleep schedule. Sleep is one of the most important things you can do to improve yourself and live with a level head. By setting up a good rhythm, you can tackle responsibilities head on, in full force, without having to worry about falling asleep and losing energy mid-day.
Try incorporating these mindful moments into your day - no pressure, at your own pace and watch how you begin to reap the virtues. You will ultimately find yourself reconnected with an inner peace that was always there - it’s been calling you, you simply needed to slow down and take a few moments to rediscover it.